One NZ rated best network in Waikato
Independent testing shows One NZ customers have access to the best mobile data and voice calls in the region alongside highest reliability
Independent benchmarking organisation umlaut, part of Accenture, have reported One NZ offers their customers the overall best network in Waikato, as well as for both the data and voice categories, with the highest overall reliability. This following extensive drive testing.
Additionally, One NZ has been recognised as a leader in actual measured experience, reflected by the last six months of crowd sourced data collected from customers as they use and experience all of New Zealand’s mobile networks 24/7 over the period.
Head of Mobile Access Network, Thaigan Govender said “We’re delighted to be recognised as the mobile network leader for Waikato. These independent findings reflect the significant investment we’ve made in continuously improving our network over the past eighteen months, making sure that we’ve got you covered for work, rest or play.”
This reinforces umlaut’s findings from earlier this year which named One NZ as New Zealand’s ‘Best in Test’ mobile network, for the second year running, scoring them the highest overall.
The umlaut audit report for the region, shows:
- Overall, One NZ scored 779 / 1000 for their network, compared with 717 for 2degrees, and 700 for Spark.
- For Voice, One NZ scored 218/270 for their network, with 2degrees scoring 206, and Spark 179.
- For Data, One NZ score 350/480 for their network, with Spark scoring 334, and 2degrees 311.
- For Crowd Source Data, One NZ scored 211/250 for their network, with 2degrees scoring 200, and Spark 187.
- For reliability, One NZ scored 456 / 543, with 2degrees scoring 420, and Spark 412. This sub metric reflects Overall Voice Reliability, Data Reliability and Consistency in User Experience.
Thaigan continued: “We will continue developing our awesome 4G and 5G network, and we are getting ready for next year’s launch of our SpaceX collaboration, providing coverage like never before for New Zealanders.”
Before that launch, customers can continue to feedback on areas requiring improvement with OnePin – One NZ’s crowd sourced reporting tool available at https://onepin.one.nz/
The umlaut benchmarking methodology is the de-facto industry standard today. It is applied in more than 120 countries measuring over 200 mobile networks worldwide.
One NZ mobile coverage currently covers 99% of population. For more information about One NZ services, please visit https://www.one.nz/ - and to check whether 5G is available at a certain address, head to https://www.one.nz/coverage.
For more information about umlaut New Zealand Benchmark Results as well as methodology you can also check https://www.umlaut.com/en/benchmarking/new-zealand